Sunday, September 20, 2015

Where we live

We finished up week 1 of where we live.
Since I have a younger crowd , the butter cup curriculum from funshine express gives 2 days to do creative art. 
 We started making "my home" at the beginning of he week and then finished it at the end. It gives more time to do it slow. 

I always feel it is the process and not the product. I love to see how each child does the same thing different. The finished product could look different for each child, but it's there creation.
Grandparents day was a couple weeks ago and the kids made these cutest "owl love you" cards. The beaks are placed on different spots. 
 It is so important for the child to take ownership and know that it is their own work and that they worked really hard on it. I will always show them an example , but never want it to look exactly like it. 
Funshine is so great because I can do any activity on any day. There is not a day by day lesson. If I decided to switch something around I could. Flexibility is key.
 
Amelia is matching the houses from the matching game I introduced.

Lydia is counting the friends that are here using the attendance chart that was included in the buttercups chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment