Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Special me part 2.


Well how was everybody's long weekend? It is always to harder to get going on Tuedsay after a holiday than it is on a Monday. In my opinion. 
  The kiddos came back ready to dive into some Buttercup learning. This is our 2nd week for the special me theme. I love observing children after we have done activities at circle time, or read a book. They tend to act it out or pick up on it more. 
For example, last week I got a mirror out and we looked at our faces and pointed to our nose and eyes and mouth, and during free play I saw the kids looking in the mirror pointing to their face. How cool is that.
Funshine express had provided some cute easy activities for the toddlers to do.
Yesterday we talked about Birthdays and what birthdays mean. We sang the happy birthday song a lot of times.

The Cognitive Developement activity was to make a Birthday Windsock. 


I put a happy birthday song in and we used our wind socks to dance.

I am not sure about all kids, but I do  know the ones I have love to dress up. 
Funshine express provides games in he kit every month and the activity for this week was Dress up Game.
I cut the strips out on the dotted line and I like to magnets on back of games so that I can use a cookie sheet to keep it together. 
It's easier when the kids know that it stays right in the tray.






I took a video of us doing this at circle time . So hopefully you can get a little bit of how  game works .







No comments:

Post a Comment