Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Where we live

Home  is a good place to be no matter what style or place it is in, it is how you make it on the inside that makes it home.
     We have started our next theme where we live. 
 It is amazing how houses can look so different even if they are right next to each other.
 I looked up houses on the Internet and so many popped up. Big, small, wide ,narrow and so much more. It was a really good discussion topic on the differences of the houses.
The topic card for this week is a picture of different colors and shapes and sizes and it started the whole idea of different living styles.
Funshine express has objectives for each section. For example, we did a match  the homes game provided in the Funshine express buttercups kit. The objectives were memory, exploration and emergent math. 
In the curriculum guide there is a section called learning goals and objectives. 
It is very simple to follow. I just match what is with the activity and the category that is under. 
This  helps me to focus on he children and observe and if I need to focus on something, I do extra activities to make sure they are matching the objective. 
Ok, enough with that info, it's just info I think you should know if you are thinking about this curriculum. 

This was a match the homes. I set them out on the table and just observed to see what the children would do. Most of them matched them, but others just looked. I plan on doing this everyday and see how different they play day by day.
For a cognitive activity, we are making  "my house". The first part was to color the square and then add a rectangle circle for the door.
Day 2 will be completing it.

We have been busy building houses with blocks and going in and out of he dollhouse.




If you are new to my blog, welcome and hope you enjoy learning about Funshine express. 
I am also on Instagram @coleykidscreations 

No comments:

Post a Comment