Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hearts and snow

It finally feels like winter out and it makes it easier to talk about snow animals and what animals live in the cold.
Last week we talked about penguins. This week the seal and polar bear was introduced. We continued with a fun activity and a cute book to learn about the heart shape.


The plastic hearts was one of the manipulative that came with the Funshine curriculum. 
I decided to set the hearts out and some items to sort and just let the kids decide what they wanted to and how to sort. 



Aaron picked up the dinosaurs and Had  a dialogue. It was so much fun to listen to all the imagination that was going on. 

Toddlers love to use stickers. I have a stash of stickers to get out if I need to. Since the shape of the month is a heart, I pulled out my heart stickers and had the kiddos peel and stick on a white heart doiley.

Stickers can sometimes be tricky for little fingers to peel off. I peel the backing off the sticker paper(outline) and then it just leaves the stickers and it easier for the little fingers to grasp on to.


Since sharing is really hard to do, I always show and talk about team work. 
Consistency is the key and when I observe team work finally taking place, I think "success" when I hear little voices , say "want to help me?"I smile and just continue to watch it play out.
It may not happen everyday, and most likely will not, but when it does, I embrace it. 
I posted this on my Instagram page. To see more posts you can follow me @coleykidscreations.


No comments:

Post a Comment