Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Black and white( because penguins are)

Well we are off to a great start of the new year. 
We started a new theme "snow friends"
The animal (which happens to be my favorite) that we are focusing on is the penguin. 



Look how cute that baby is. I could sit and watch them for hours.

The waddle is my favorite part so of course I had the kids waddle to the song 
I am a little penguin. 
(The tune of I am a little teapot)
 I'm a little penguin,short and stout.
I cannot fly, so I waddle about
When I want to eat, I have to swim 
So I waddle to the water and dive right in.

This song can be found on Funshine express music and movement curriuculm c.d. All the songs complement the  curriculum.

These are some materials we used. The book was provided by Funshine express. 
The penguins are for the penguin tracks art activity. 

We painted ball paint on 3 fingers and made penguin tracks. We looked at peguins feet so the kids understood why we were only using 3 fingers.

Then we painted white paint to represent  snow. I added glitter so it would glisten . The kiddos loved using glitter. 
I will show the finished product on my next post. 

If you are getting interested or ready to get on the Funshine train, I have a code that will provide a discount. Who does not love a discount? 








No comments:

Post a Comment