Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Me, myself and germs


I  am healthy theme is a great one. It's easy, but gets the point across.
We have a jam packed last couple of days. 
Funshine express always has extras that we can print out, that go with the theme. 
This diagram was really easy to understand and detailed. It was really good for my younger group who are still learning body parts. 

 The growing flower activity was so fun to do. We measured our bodies and then decided how many strips of paper we needed. They both counted 5 strips. 

Yesterday we talked about germs. I am a germophobe so this was yucky for me, but someone has to teach! 
One of funshine activities for science was putting glitter and lotion on my hands and then shake the kids hands to see how quickly germs spread. After I school Lena's hand, she said " yuck now I have your germs cole." We discussed house quickly germs can spread. We washed out hands to see the germs come off when we did.

It 's really neat to see how much they really soak up. 
I decided to get the microscope out and look to see if we could see our germs on our hands. 
Conclusion: we did not, but this did lead into looking for germs with a magnify glass. 







We used a straw to make germs and then added eyes!

 Funshine express has the best ideas. I  would have never thought of using glitter and lotion and I am a preschool teacher! 
Thank you funshine !

Remember to follow me on Instagram @coleykidscreations or like my Facebook page to more pics daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment