Friday, November 6, 2015

Jewels and tea parties

Happy Friday friends!
We do not have much going on this weekend, which is rare. Any plans for you all?
This week we continued with kings and castles. 
Sometimes when I first introduce a theme at circle time, I am not quite sure if they understand what we are talking about,  but out of the blue, I will hear a child say, "I am a king" or "I wear a crown." 
This morning I had a parent at arrival time say that when she mentioned they were driving to Coles house, her son said "Cole lives in a castle" I enjoy hearing things like that. It confirms that I am teaching and they are learning.

To continue on with our theme. We had a tea party and took turns pouring the tea and passing the muffins around.

One of the games that came with buttercups curriculum was a crown and the children had to decorate the crown with jewels. With some games, I like to put them on the table and just observe what the kids do when they see it. Some will play exactly how it is suppose to be played, others will figure out another way. 








These 2 figured out right away to place the jewels in the crown. 

The shape of the month is a star. I like the star because it's everywhere. You look up at night and hopefully see an abundance of stars. 
At the beginning of each theme , there is a book list. 
Looks like this

I may not get all of them, but I pick a few that I think would be fun to read and  those I read all month.
The more repetitive with a book, the more the kids will get involved and will know what will happen next. 
For the star shape I choose this book
It's the song twinkle twinkle little star, but with some fun extensions. We look for the stars on each page.
Next week we will still be learning about kings and castles.
Ps: if you are wanting more info about Funshine express, just click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment