Friday, December 5, 2014

Joyful Jamboree

I have always loved the word Joy and it happens to be my middle name, so maybe I am a little partial to it.
 Funshine has a bunch of Joy in all the activities we are doing. I love Christmas crafts so I jumped with joy  when I looked  inside the curriculum box. 
 This week was filled with many things to keep us busy.
 The girls cut paper and wrapped boxes for at least 30 mins. This was a favorite for sure.

Fun shine included this fun game that included a cube with gross motor activities and then a number that was picked and that is how many times they did the movement.
 It was so fun and even the little ones enjoyed doing what the big kids did.

One thing I Enjoy about teaching preschool is how much the children really soak up, even though it seems like they are not listening or not focused, but then you just observe and notice things like this.


 They are looking at the word wall and pointing to the words and also looking at the color wheel. How great is that?
 I play the same circle time song everyday and as soon as I play it, the young ones get so excited and start clapping and then get a carpet square. 
 I know they are to young to sit the whole time, but they are so intent and listening when they do sit.
We learned a song today that was from the funshine curriculum and it goes like this:
(To the tune of twinkle twinkle lite star)
 Twinkle . Twinkle holiday star 
On our tree is where you are 
Sparkle, sparkle, shine so bright ,
Watch for Santa in the night,
If you see him will you please,
Tell him "thank you" just for me.

This is so simple and cute. I heard little twinkle songs being sung.

Wreaths were made today. 



 What are some of your favorite crafts to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment