Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Zip it

I first want to say, what happened to fall weather? It's 90 in Missouri today.

Anyway, just had to vent that out. 
The theme we are learning about right now is fasten up. All about fasteners. 
Today we learned about the zipper. Some are different colors and sizes. Some are easy to do, others are not.
We practiced zipping a coat for fine motor. The friends enjoyed zipping and up and down. 
 Today for creative arts we made a sweater zip holder.  We Stapled a sweater pattern on either side of the ziplock bag. When the friends open and close it , they unzipping the sweater.
 I am slowly introducing cutting and Amelia did a great job cutting out the pattern.
 Toddler busyness while I did curriculm with the older two.

Every month Funshine express provides a simple math game that coordinates with the themes.
 This one was a race to the playground equipment. 
The friends would roll the cube that had numbers 1 and 2 and then move the counter that number of spaces . We counted the spaces before we began to see how far we had to go.

1 comment:

  1. I love this zipper idea. What makes it great is I know I have one of those little bags somewhere just sitting around waiting to be appreciated. I have shared it!

    ReplyDelete