Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fun farm fun

This week we mooed right into our fun farm theme. Get it?.... Ha! Anyway, this time of year is fun to talk about farms because the pumpkin patch is a popular place to be.
 One of my favorite things I love about Funshine Express curriculum is that I can save many of the games from previous years.
Lydia was singing EIEIO song while matching the farm animal shadow game . This game came in the fireflies curriculm,(3-5 years,)  but could easily be implemented for toddlers. I just put it on the table and waited to see how they would play with it. 
 A few matched the shadows, the younger ones just pointed to the animals and made the sounds. 
It can so versatile.
Since pumpkins are obviously are the thing right now , we enjoyed making paper bag pumpkins.
The toddlers love when they can use paintbrushes and paint. We dipped out brushes in glue and worked quickly to paint the glue in he bag. 
The next step was to rip the tissue paper and glue it on he bag.
I like to make up chants when steps are involved. 
For example,
For the tissue paper 
I would say " rip and stick"
Or for the glueing I would say " dip and rub."
This makes it fun and easy for learning the concept. 

Our beautiful pumpkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment